To anticipate globalization trend and world industrialization, PT. Lamicitra Nusantara, Tbk. has invested in an area of more than 1 millions m2 inside an international port of Tanjung Emas, Semarang, Central Java - Indonesia. Under the project name of Tanjung Emas Export Processing Zone (TEPZ), the company offers several benefits to manufacturers such as:
- Tax exemption for export orientated goods.
- Quick access to port as the property located inside port which could avoid traffic jam, ground logistic insurance cost levied.
- Quick import and export administration process as all documents could be handled under one roof administration office insideTEPZ provided by authorised government bodies.
- Cheap and abundant of Indonesian natural resources for some industries.
Since TEPZ offers competitive advantages for some industries as mentioned above, many foreign companies from various countries invested and manufactured their products in TEPZ, namely:
- United States: Maitland Smith Indonesia, Nostalgia.
- Japan: Metec Semarang (Kubota Group), Sumitomo, Nakatsuka and Kanekici Intac.
- Germany: John Glove.
- France: Luxindo Nusantara (EssilorGroup).
- Korea: Korina Semarang, For Hope Indonesia.
- Hongkong: Anggun Indonesia, Cedrateks Indah Busana, Richtex Garmindo, Victory Apparel Semarang, Mulya Garmindo.
- Taiwan: Glory Industrial Semarang II, Fortunemax Garment Semarang, Grand Best Indonesia, Pioneer Electrical.
- India: Norwest Industry
Nowadays, TEPZ becomes the project of industrial relocation of some developed countries. With more than 20,000 of workers employed inside the development including the multiplying effect derived from those industrial activities, the project could be considered as the regional economic generatorto that area.